you arrive in the harbor of Marseille, early in the morning,
just waken up from a long night, you may try to imagine how
your day tour will look like.
first sights of Marseille are its long quays, its warehouses
almost abandoned, and on the hills, high white buildings that
you can find in every big European city.
Will you go for the day-tour or stay
on the deck of your deluxe cruise ship to get sun tanned ? What you discover from the ship doesn't seem so attractive...
Marseille still has a bad image, it isn't new. Why ? because of some bad periods of recent history, because it used to be the home of the French Connection, because it has always been a melting pot like any other major port, because of the old competition with Paris...
We have to admit that Marseille is different than Paris, Lyon, Toulouse or Bordeaux. Don't expect to see so many monuments of interest. Don't expect anything ! and you will see how the city and its marvelous environment will surprise you. So please be curious enough to make your own opinion and rely on us to show you a city where a lot of people are proud to live.
A few things to consider when planning your day tour :
- Whatever your interests are, it is important to let us know before so that we can adjust the schedule according to your wishes.
- Some months earlier, when you book your tour, most of you are full of energy and excitment and plan to see as much as you can in 7 or 8 hours. Why not ? But when it comes to the date, you have already done 6 or more excursions during the previous days, you are tired, have seen many churches and roman buildings and may expect something different. So please consider all of your tours at the same time so that you can counterbalance your days.
- Our villages and towns are different that in the US : in most of them we can't access with our vans. It is therefore necessary to park the car and walk. It takes longer. It is important that we know in advance if some of you have difficulties to walk, or need a wheel chair so that we can adapt the itinerary.
- Marseille is often your last stop before ending in Barcelona and you realize that you didn't buy all your souvenirs ! Of course, you have a precise idea of what you want because you promised a specific gift to one of your relatives... As we want to please you, let us know in advance what you look for so that we can make some researches before your arrival, instead of running from one shop to another and waste some precious time.
- Eating in a French restaurant may take time because the service is often slow. Most of people like to enjoy while eating, it is part of the French culture.
LET US ADVISE YOU !!
New access restrictions at the harbor of Marseille :
Please notice that you will have to walk to reach the vehicle : more details on that map here